If anyone is surprised that I ended up focusing primarily on neurofeedback and alternative routes to mental health it is definitely ME!
I have worked with clients for 12 years on their trauma, helping their skills and building connections among other things. I started to notice that clients really KNEW what to do but they couldn’t get their brains to DO it!
First I started working with EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and that made a huge difference! It was like it took off a layer for my clients and their mind and heart could connect again. If you have not heard of it check out my blog about it HERE. But there even still were clients that it did not matter how much EMDR I did for them their brain was stuck.
So enter neurofeedback! I’m so glad I took the leap into this work, and I know my clients are happy I did as well! I want to share a bit with you about neurofeedback in general.
*** Also, please don’t get me wrong, I fully believe in talk therapy and EMDR still but when I get to see clients start with neurofeedback and then do therapy and EMDR, wow their results are much more effective!
Neurofeedback involves training the brain to regulate its own activity through real-time feedback, with the ultimate goal of improving cognitive function and overall well-being. Neurofeedback is a highly effective tool for improving brain function, and here are a few reasons why it’s so helpful and so cool!
1) Personalized treatment approach: One of the biggest benefits of neurofeedback is that it can be highly personalized to an individual’s unique needs. By monitoring the electrical activity in the brain, neurofeedback can identify areas of the brain that need to be strengthened or inhibited. This allows for highly targeted training that can help improve specific cognitive functions such as attention, memory, and executive function.
2) Non-invasive and safe: Unlike many other forms of brain training, such as invasive surgeries or medication, neurofeedback is a non-invasive and safe treatment approach. It does not require any drugs or surgery, and there are no known negative side effects. Neurofeedback is a safe and natural way to improve brain function and overall well-being.
3) Improves cognitive function: Neurofeedback has been shown to be highly effective in improving cognitive function. Studies have found that neurofeedback can improve attention, memory, and executive function in both children and adults. This can be especially helpful for individuals with cognitive disorders such as ADHD, autism, and traumatic brain injury.
4) Reduces stress and anxiety: Neurofeedback can also be helpful in reducing stress and anxiety. By training the brain to regulate its own activity, neurofeedback can help individuals achieve a state of calm and relaxation. This can be especially helpful for individuals who suffer from chronic stress or anxiety disorders.
5) Enhances overall well-being: Neurofeedback is not only helpful for improving cognitive function, but it can also enhance overall well-being. Studies have found that neurofeedback can improve mood, sleep, and even physical performance. It can be a powerful tool for individuals who are looking to improve their overall quality of life.
In conclusion, neurofeedback is a fascinating and highly effective tool for improving brain function and overall well-being. Its personalized treatment approach, non-invasive nature, and ability to improve cognitive function, reduce stress and anxiety, and enhance overall well-being make it a cool and innovative option for brain optimization! I can tell you that so many of our clients are so happy, and find that their healing is accelerated through this method. Give me a call today and let’s talk through your options! I promise if I don’t think neurofeedback can help you I will help you find help another way 🙂